Posts for tag: Untagged
PearlFection Dentistry invests in state of the art Cone Beam CT scanner (3D imaging), Panoramic X-ray System, and Cephalometric X-ray system
PearlFection Dentistry's obsession with providing the best general, emergency and specialty dental care in the State of Maryland and surrounding region, all under one roof and for all ages has driven the need to invest heavily in State of the Art imaging technology.
FREDERICK, Md. - Nov. 17, 2019 - PRLog -- Consistent with the PearlFection Dentistry's mission of providing the best dental care in the Maryland and DC and Baltimore region, the decision was made this week to purchase the state of the art in imaging technology. The new system called the VAtech Green CT2 will allow our team of general dentists, orthodontists, oral surgeons, endodontists, periodontists, prosthodontists, and pediatric dentists, to more accurately diagnose and treat dental issues and deliver precise diagnoses by providing more accurate 3 dimensional images of the jaw, air way and head.
PearlFection Dentistry - 3D imaging
More specifically it will allow our:
- Endodontists to accurately plan root canals by more clearly identifying infections, the number and path of tooth roots and more accurately identify tooth cracks.
- Oral surgeons and periodontists to plan implant surgery by placing the implants in simulated 3D images prior to surgery so ideal bone structure can be accessed, proper depth and size of implants are used, and surgical guides can be fabricated specific to each patient. Oral Surgeons will also be able to take 3D images of any unusual features that concern them, to better identify pathology and give our surgeons one more tool to identify things like oral cancer faster, so appropriate treatment can be provided early.
- Prosthodontists to create 3D images of jaw structure so highly accurate denture planning can be done resulting in extremely well fitting and comfortable implant supported dentures or standard dentures.
- Orthodontists, general dentists and pediatric dentists to cooperate together and with our other specialists to more accurately understand what is happening in a patient's mouth, so accurate comprehensive dental treatment plan can be formulated.
All in all, the cone beam CT, pan, ceph will make PearlFection Dentistry in Frederick and Urbana Maryland, the one stop treatment option for patients in the Maryland, DC, WV, PA and Virginia region who seek exception dental care.
If you don't know much about the comprehensive dental care that PearlFection Dentistry can provide to you and your family, please visit our website at www.PearlFectionDentistry.com or www.PearlFectionurbana.com or call (301)663-5550 (Frederick, MD) or (301) 831-8303 (Urbana, MD).We see all ages of patients from children to seniors and we have all our doctors and specialists under one roof. We are accepting new patients at both locations and we are obsessed with customer service.
How dental implants from your dentists in Urbana and Frederick, MD, can restore your smile
Have you been hiding your smile because of missing teeth? Are you having trouble chewing and enjoying your food because of missing teeth? If so, its time to rebuild your smile just like the original. You can have a great smile once again, thanks to dental implants! The dentists at Pearlfection Dentistry in Urbana and Frederick, MD, offer dental implants to restore your smile.
Whether you are missing one tooth, several teeth, or even an entire arch of teeth, dental implants can rebuild what you have lost. They can even provide strong support for a denture, which is snapped in place over the implants.
Dental implants have become one the most popular dental treatments because they provide so many benefits. When you choose dental implants to rebuild your smile, you can count on:
- Natural-looking beauty, because dental implant crowns are made of light reflective materials that closely resemble natural tooth enamel
- Complete stability, because dental implants are firmly surrounded by bone, so they will never move around, even with the most vigorous chewing
- Unrivaled convenience, because you don’t ever remove dental implants and you brush and floss them just like natural teeth
- A permanent solution, because they will never decay, and the dental implant crown material resists staining, so your implants will stay beautiful for years
Dental implants may even help you look younger. That’s because once dental implants are placed during a simple in-office procedure, your body will create more bone to fuse with the dental implants and lock them in place. More bone means added volume and youthful fullness to your face, and a firmer jawline.
Dental implants are the most successful surgical implant, boasting a success rate of over 95 percent, according to the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. You deserve to enjoy the success of dental implants too!
To find out more about rebuilding and restoring your smile with dental implants, talk with the experts. Call our Urbana and Frederick, MD, general, cosmetic, and restorative dentists, Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, oral surgeons Dr. Brian Chang and Dr. Leo Perez, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, orthodontist Dr. Stephen Tigani, pediatric dentist Dr. Leslie Oakes, and endodontist Dr. Patik Patel, at Pearlfection Dentistry today at (301) 663-5550 for our Frederick office and (301) 831-8303 for our Urbana office!
While you may perceive braces as a way to an attractive smile, also consider this: orthodontic treatment confers health benefits, too. At PearlFection Dentistry in Urbana and Frederick, MD, orthodontics is one of several dental services. Our on-staff orthodontist who splits his time between our two locations, Dr. Stephen Tigani, can show you how your looks and your health can improve through a plan customized to your needs.
Your best path to a healthy, functional smile
For some people, it's orthodontic treatment. The American Association of Orthodontists says that a re-aligned smile is good-looking and also represents inner health and some dramatic changes in both soft and hard tissues. The goal of wearing any orthodontic appliances is aesthetic and functional harmony and balance.
So, what kind of health benefits can you expect from conventional metal, ceramic, or tongue-side braces, clear acrylic aligners or a specialty device such as a palatal expander? Consider these benefits of orthodontics in Urbana and Frederick, MD:
- A proper dental bite where teeth line up symmetrically front to back and side to side
- More efficient chewing and therefore, a healthier digestive process (fewer acid reflux symptoms)
- Correction of jaw joint issues (TMJ/TMD) which cause headaches, earaches and other kinds of facial pain
- Clearer speech
- Teeth which are easier to clean and are less susceptible to decay and gum disease
- More symmetrical facial contours, eliminating protruding front teeth or a receding chin line as examples
- Better oral hygiene habits because wearing braces forces you to be careful as you brush and floss
- Better dietary habits because you cannot eat sticky, sugary foods while wearing conventional braces
- Less wear and tear on tooth enamel as braces correct persistent problems such as teeth grinding and clenching (bruxism)
- Increased psychological well-being because you can be confident and happy in showing your newly refurbished smile in both professional and social situations
Take the first step
Contact PearlFection Dentistry to ask any questions about orthodontics or for an orthodontic consultation with Dr. Stephen Tigani. He and his team treat patients of all ages, offering care plans which address the simplest of issues in young children to the most complex of problems which require oral surgery. Dr. Tigani delivers clear aligners, too, for comfortable and invisible treatment in less time.
Call today, won't you? Feel healthier and look your best. Call the office of our Urbana and Frederick, MD, general, cosmetic, and restorative dentists, Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, oral surgeons Dr. Brian Chang and Dr. Leo Perez, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, orthodontist Dr. Stephen Tigani, pediatric dentist Dr. Leslie Oakes, and endodontist Dr. Patik Patel at (301) 663-5550.
Say goodbye to cosmetic imperfections in your smile once and for all.
Do you wish you had that picture-perfect smile but discolorations, gaps between teeth and other aesthetic problems are making it impossible? If so, our dental team here at Pearlfection Dentistry in Frederick, Maryland and Urbana, Maryland, can help you get the smile of your dreams with the help of a simple restoration known as dental veneers.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers are very thin tooth-colored shells that are bonded to the front of your teeth to completely change the appearance of your smile. Whether you are dealing with misaligned, crooked, chipped or discolored teeth, getting dental veneers can hide all of these issues to give you a straighter, symmetrical and whiter smile. Veneers are great for hiding moderate-to-severe cosmetic flaws.
How are veneers placed?
Before veneers can be placed, our Frederick and Urbana, MD, dentist will need to make sure that you are right for veneers. You’ll go through a thorough consultation where we will examine your teeth and gums, and run x-rays to make sure there are no problems that could affect your treatment. Once we have determined that veneers are right for you, we will also take impressions of your teeth and prep your teeth.
Tooth preparation with veneers is very minimal, and only requires us to shave about 0.5mm of enamel from the front of each tooth. Since there are no nerves lying within the outside layers of the tooth, this process is painless and can usually be performed without needing local anesthesia.
Once the teeth are prepped our dentist will decide whether or not temporary veneers are necessary while waiting for your permanent ones to be made. Once the permanent veneers are created you will come back to our office so that we can remove the temporaries and bond the dental veneers to the front of your teeth.
Our general, cosmetic and restorative dentists Dr. Jared Lawson, Dr. EJ Stringer, Dr. Tammira Badakhshan, and Dr. Nikta Pashai, periodontist Dr. Ashley Seals, prosthodontist Dr. Amos Chi, oral surgeon Dr. Brian Chang, endodontist Dr. Pratik Patel and orthodontist Dr. Stephen Tigani are dedicated to providing patients with beautiful, healthy smiles with the help of cosmetic dentistry. Pearlfection Dentistry is located in Frederick, Maryland and Urbana, Maryland and servicing Hagerstown and Germantown, MD, our office is just 45 minutes away from Washington, DC and Baltimore. Call us today to schedule a cosmetic consultation.